Job offer: bilingual community educators
Take part in the change: let's talk about mental health! Join our team and travel all around the province of Quebec to help change the lives of teenagers!
We are now recruiting for our Partners for Life tour to raise awareness about depression and mental health among teenagers. We are conducting two-to-one interactive workshops of 50 to 75 minutes in high schools all around Quebec. The goal is to raise awareness about the signs and symptoms of depression, how to help and find the resources available in our community.
We are looking to build a dynamic and diverse team that will engage teenagers.
Whether you are in the field of social action, a day camp facilitator, a sports coach, an improv comedian or simply have a colourful personality with great communication skills, if our mission sparks something within you, apply!
- Facilitate workshops as a duo
- Dynamically verbalize educational content
- Guide the youth towards the resources available in their community
- Represent the Fondation Jeunes en tête within the educational community
- Fill out various reports
The ideal candidate:
- Has a great learning ability Is dynamic and likes to meet new people
- Speaks well and is at ease in front of a group
- Likes to drive Is stimulated by a job where hours vary from week to week
- Is available and wants to travel across the province several days/weeks a month
- Can adapt quickly to an ever-changing work environment
- Likes teamwork
- Has a valid driver's license in Quebec
- An interest for mental health
- Has an interest for intervention and youth work
- An interest in animation and discussion facilitation
- VALID driver’s license
- Bilingualism: It is essential to be able to understand, read and have a fluent conversation and connect with youth in French.
- Availability to travel throughout Quebec and in the Ottawa region
- Public speaking skills
- Drive, team spirit and ability to work on the road
- Personable and flexible attitude with a strong capacity to adapt
- Cegep Diploma/Certificate
- Experience working with youth is considered an asset
- Experience delivering educational content as a public speaker is considered an asset
- Experience in intervention is considered an asset
- Full time, 35 hours per week, 16,50$ per hour (after probation), and some weekends outside of Montreal (with compensation)
- Travel, meals and lodging expenses provided while outside of Montreal (many consecutive nights spent outside of Montreal)
- Vehicle provided
- 4 weeks paid training starting September 9th 2019
- Contract from September 9th, 2019 to the beginning of June 2020
A year at Partners for life will increase your knowledge of mental health, allow you to meet over 10,000 teenagers in different school environments and allow you to live a rewarding teamwork experience all over Quebec.
Send your curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation by email to email@example.com no later than August 9, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for pre-selection. We offer equal employment opportunities to everyone.
*Please, do not send your application if you do not have a driver’s license.