Support for Nonprofit Organizations
Fondation Jeunes en Tête allocates donations to registered and recognized charitable organizations in the community whose actions and interventions are geared towards remedying and preventing emotional distress among youth aged 11 to 18.
Here are the five main areas of intervention we support:
- Assistance of underprivileged people
- Student retention and the fight against school dropouts
- Combatting and treating substance abuse
- The fight against bullying and violence
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing
Recently funded organizations
Submit an application
In 2018, Fondation Jeunes en Tête will grant $ 600,000 in donations to youth aid organizations in Quebec. It will also invest more than $ 900,000 across the province for youth mental health with its Partners for life program.
- All funds available for the year 2018 are already granted. Until 2019, the foundation will not receive any new funding applications. In the meantime, the Foundation is, of course, respecting its prior commitments to the organizations.
Every organization that submitted a funding application, whether they're accepted or not, will be contacted by the end of April 2018.
A new donation policy to come in 2018
The foundation will soon study and specify the new modalities of its support to the organizations for the coming years. It will gradually implement its updated policy.
Here are the different steps to follow based on the deadlines in the calendar:
* Upload and post the Partnership agreement on the website once it’s completed and signed with:
Your organization’s logo
The press release announcing the donation (if you’re publishing one)
* The first payment is 60% of the total donation; it needs to be paid within 60 days of receiving the signed Partnership agreement.
* You can download the Mid-project report and upload it to the website once completed with:
Some picture of the project
Any relevant news for our annual activity report, to be published between May and July.
* The second instalment, equivalent to 40% of the total amount, needs to be paid within 60 days of the submission of the Mid-project report.
* You can download the End-of-project report and post it on the website by the deadline on the calendar.
The following poem, originally written in French, is by a participant in the Prévencité program from the Centre des Jeunes l'Escale and was read during the Accroche-Cœur Gala on September 20, 2016.
Without them, this program would never have existed,
So many lives spared,
So many lives improved,
So many lives saved.
My journey was full of difficulties,
My homeland, Haiti, I had to leave,
Family difficulties, I had to overcome,
The obstacles at school, I had to knock down
And this, in part, thanks to Prévencité.
I learned how to persevere,
To achieve the goals I set.
I discovered strength in me,
That I didn't think could exist.
I met people around me,
I'm going to graduate this year,
And achieve the goals set,
Becoming an early childhood educator,
I know I will achieve it.
Often I cried,
Even thought about suicide,
But today, thanks to Prévencité, among others,
These ideas are things of the past.
Tonight we celebrate,
What a community can accomplish,
Laughing is always more fun than crying.
Finally, once again,
Thank you Prévencité and I wish you all a wonderful evening
We are very grateful for the foundation's support through the Bal du Maire de Québec and for our Explor’action project. This investment has directly contributed to our desire to:
Prevent the social isolation of our youth.
Support adolescents along their life path.
Allow them all to thrive.
Thank you very much!
Karina Fleury, Director, Tandem Jeunesse, La Pocatière
With the goal of PREVENTING homelessness and promoting social affiliation, we provide a healthy environment for young people aged 12 to 25 to FACILITATE the stabilization of their situation and ensure their safety. With assistance adapted to their individual needs, we SUPPORT them and provide them with the necessary tools so that they can thrive, believe in their abilities, and envision the future with hope and conviction.
We would like to thank Fondation Jeune en Tête, through the Bal du Maire de Québec, for their support over the past few years. Their faith has helped PREVENT additional cuts to youth services in Quebec, to SUPPORT a team that helps more than 200 people annually, and to FACILITATE the reimplementation of youth homelessness prevention services.
Lower Town SQUAT team, Quebec